Friday, January 19, 2007

No One Said There'd Be Months Like This...

Hello again Muffins:

Good things often happen in pairs. Bad things in threes. Why is this? Are these simply old wives tales? Are old wives tales simple truths (cause let me tell you this old wife could add a few to the list), or are they best ignored?

Here's a thought. The next time something bad happens to you - write it down (with the time and date of course). Put it somewhere where you can conveniently just add to it with more scratchings of the good and the bad things that occur in your life. I chose my cookie jar (since I still cannot find a good low everything recipe that would cause the jar to be brimming with treats. Once a month, quarter, year, decade (you be the judge) go to the stash of memories and sort out the good and the bad. Organize them by date and which side of the coin it represents.

You may well find that the truth is good does travel in pairs and bed as a pack. You be the judge. You may also find that - in the midst of a seemingly bad time in your life, the good is simply overshadowed. You may also find that the bad can often be forgiven and overlooked if you dwell on the positive in your life at that time.

I am not writing this to show how innately "Polly Annaish" I am. Rather, I am stating that - even in our most difficult personal times, there ought to be something to pull us through. My new lifeline is the knowledge that:
A) My cookie jar has a new and important job
B) I have new found power to evaluate my blessings and curses just by pouring a cuppa Joe in the morning and sitting down to have a look see.

Recently I discovered I have a whole lot more of the good in my life than the bad. I consider the folks in my life to be gems. And you know, a girl can never have too many of those.

Just a little coffee musing today... off to do the good deeds that make our community a nicer place to reside.

Enjoy!
Mrs. P

No comments:

Blog Archive