Monday, April 02, 2007

Sister Dottie BROADcasting out of SL,UT

Hello dear ones:

Much time has passed Muffins and for that I truly apologize. I have been one busy woman and have found it difficult to keep up with the routine of getting something out there for you to peruse.

So I am writing this post just hours away from my flight home from Salt Lake City, UT. This is my second trip to the fine SL,UT in just a couple of months. Why Salt Lake you may wonder? Well, the first visit was to explore the world of Harm Reduction at a conference held in the fine capital of the state that is home to the world famous Mormon Tabernacle Choir. The second was to return for a visit with a lovely gentleman I met during my first visit. Although this state boasts some of the most conservative values I have encountered, it also is the home to a wonderful friend of my new acquaintance – Sister Dottie S. Dixon. Sister Dottie is a bit of a local celebrity and is quite an outspoken individual in her own right. In fact, she is on the local public radio station monthly and is a delightful presence on the airwaves here in the West. You can catch her at KRCL 90.9 "Radio Free Utah". Sister Dottie appears on a program entitled “Now Queer This" and is quite delightful!

Like me, she is a bit opinionated (well – you know – you get old enough and you can say just about anything because half the world thinks your wise and the other half thinks of you as inconsequential) and she is also a voice to be heard.

I cannot give you specific times and dates for when you are able to hear her on the air – what I can tell you is that she is well worth the listen if you can catch her. Another option is to go to http://www.kcrw.org/ and keep one eye open for the program. The next time Now Queer This broadcasts is this upcoming Wednesday (4-4-07) at 1 pm.

I hear tell that Sister Dottie will soon have a website and I will certainly point you to it as soon as it launches.

Until then Muffins, look for her and all other wise women whom know that the only sin associated with homophobia is the unnecessary judgment so many cast upon the GLBT population.

Here’s wishing for a peaceful future that embraces all diversity and supports equal rights for all citizens.

Hey, if a couple of old crazy broads can "get it" – why don’t y'all give it a whirl?

Until next time, eat cookies and smile – life is too short for anything else.

Hugs!
Margie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Mrs. P,

I am so glad you had such a wonderful opportunity in Utah. I have another friend who travels there for a very different kind of delight. I wouldn't mention exactly what, because even though you have many friends who engage in all sorts of romps, a lady of your position might not want to be accosted with such things.

Again, I am truly happy you had such a wonderful time. Perhaps a story could be written- such as one by Mother GOOSE- of the non-toxic variety, of course.

Bye for now. With much love,

Your Biggest Fan.

Unknown said...

Hi Margie -- Troy from SLC...

Just a quick correction -- the website is www.krcl.org. but you can also check out www.nowqueerthis.com which is now under construction. It will be the new home for Dottie as soon as we are up and running. Thanks for listening...

Troy Williams

Blog Archive