Tuesday, April 10, 2007

What is Love???

Hello again Muffins:

Remember the lyrics to the song... what is love? Baby don't hurt me - don't hurt me - anymore...

I do - and how! Seems as though it has been my mantra of sorts. Not that anyone in particular can lay claim to being the cause of such injury - only me. My willingness to look at every individual I encounter as a kind, generous and loving soul until proven otherwise seems to be just enough cause for the dilemma I seemingly have inflicted upon myself. Wow, As I wrote that I realized how calloused it must have sounded.

Truth is - we all go forward each day with expectations. Depending on our path, who we meet - what events occur - what challenges we face, each day will colour how and to whom (and how) we respond.

I fall in love! Doesn't take much either - seems the kind words of any gentleman these days will make me swoon. I guess I am a believer in LOVE! You know - the kind of emotion that used to sweep people away - we used to write songs about it - it was even the object of a US Postage Stamp series.

I am not ashamed of the fact that I do (fall in love). I find it curious that now just as much attention is paid to falling out of love, and what it is in the first place, that we have all but lost the emotion entirely. I am about to rant and that, my dear ones, would not be good at this hour.

Instead, I will leave you with a question to ponder. Without it (LOVE that iI where would we be? It is not so existential that we can't bring it back to a single expression - KINDNESS and thinking more (or at least as much) of others as we do of ourselves.

I LOVE each of you! I truly do!

Unconditionally!

That isn't to say that you may piss me off sometimes (talk to my children about that). But I believe we were each put on the planet to co-exist, and for my part I choose to love. It is so much easier than to condemn, hate, cast judgement or any one of a number of other expression of emotion.

If you choose not to accept it - unconditionally - I give it to you freely anyway!

Here's to a love-filled day muffins...

Take that!

:)


Mrs. P

No comments:

Blog Archive