Sunday, September 16, 2007

what a beautiful day!

Hello Muffins:

I hope you are all enjoying the dog days of summer. I have just finished a fabulous dinner al fresco in my own back garden with my dear neighbor Tom. I (like many of you) have begun the process of slowing down a bit as we enter the most glorious time of the year. I love the autumn! The harvests are coming in and the air is nice and crisp in the evening but still temperate during the day. I am most thankful at this time of year! I am thankful, in particular, for the bounty of good friends and fabulous opportunities that have come my way over the years.

Enough of that though. Don't want you all to think I am just an old softie. I am, but that isn't what today's quick post is about.

I would like to challenge you instead. Here it is. I challenge you to do one of the following and then report back to me.

  1. Volunteer your time and talent to a charitable organization.
  2. Give items that are no longer of use to you to someone who is less fortunate.
  3. Call a friend or family member you have lost touch with and make their day!
  4. Let someone else pass.
  5. Bake!!!!!! This time of year is a great time to bake something even if you don't eat baked goods. There is, no doubt, someplace like a daycare or a foster home or a nursing care facility nearby that would love to have some home baked goodies.
  6. Smile at a stranger.
  7. Lavish a lover.
  8. Play!

Okay, now if nothing on the list I have provided you inspires you, do something else and write me to tell me about it.

Be good to one another kids. Life is short and you never know when your kind words will make the difference in somebody's day.

I am off to go for a beautiful walk and enjoy the sunset and hope you can do the same.

Peace!

Margie

No comments:

Blog Archive