Friday, May 05, 2006

Wow! Blink and you lose a month!

Hello Muffins:

A lot has transpired since last we communicated.

I have been to the ball (Oscar Night at the State Theater), attended several rallies at the Capitol, hosted a fertility celebration for 20 plus (on Easter Day of course - we must remember the roots of the now pastel bedecked holiday were originally pagan and a much anticipated celebration of the return of Spring), Auctioned off my favorite Bachelors for charity and still managed to build a bookcase to finish the new look of my library! It is no wonder this ole miss hasn't had time to write. I promise I will get better.

As summer approaches I will be busy with such things as the AIDSWalk, the Red Ribbon Ride and keeping a close eyeball on the shenanigans of our elected officials.

I will do my best to post some pictures of the fun events I have mentioned in this post. Who knows, I may even get around to it this weekend... stay tuned in.

For today I wish to give you just one thing... One little kernel of truth... words to live by you might say.

Live each day as if it is your last. I once saw a quote (anonymous) that stated "The more you live the less you die". I recently have had several dear ones pass and also have had the opportunity to enjoy the company of many of my elders. I look forward to spending time with each of my loved ones and hope you are making the time to do so as well. Life will always give you plenty of opportunity to busy yourself (if that is what you want). But once a person is gone, the opportunity to tell them personally how much they meant to you is gone.

Today I just want to conclude by saying "Goodbye Annastasia. You will be missed".

Mrs. P

No comments:

Blog Archive